Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thinking about Spring SINsations...Valentines....Just some notes

I know I have to get through Wicked Winter first, but I am very inspired today about an idea for Valentines..Spring SINsations: Sexual Revolutions

The Sixities brought us the sexual revolution.

Sexual revolution as defined by Wiki:
The sexual revolution (also known as a time of "sexual liberation") was a social movement that challenged traditional codes of behavior related to sexuality and interpersonal relationships throughout the Western world from the 1960s to the 1980s.[1]Sexual liberation included increased acceptance of sex outside of traditional heterosexual, monogamous relationships (primarily marriage).[2] Contraception and the pillpublic nudity, the normalization of premarital sexhomosexuality and alternative forms of sexuality, and the legalization of abortion all followed.[3][4]

Barbarella is a fine example of revolutionary media during the start of this era. Released in 1968, it is a compilation of fetishes many of us explore today. Her assorted costuming includes but is not limited to

* Cos Play

* Furries

* Plastics
* Amazon warrior
And many more!

I was saving images from the movie today and thought it might be fun to do a big deal event with sets all through out the room...people dressed in the costuming...performers doing all her costumes and numbers based around the costumes relating to the topics in the film...

Just imagine the space upstairs at CoverGirls transformed into the movie sets. The room that is going to be my VIP lounge could look something like this:


I have a metric shit ton of black fake fur around here. I could cut it down to cover the bench seating in that room to give the fur all over effect. I could have a female dressed like the statue at the doorway. Pretty simple costume really. Somewhere in the area just outside that room, I could have a small skinner version of the silver art piece easily put together. All we would need is a frame, a back board with nails holding laminate samples spray painted silver. We could easily spray some of them black or even better glue black fake fur to match inside that would spell VIP. 

I can do a knock off of the painting. It's an afternoon in the park. It's pointillism. Not one of my favorite styles but I know an easily prop cheat that would work. I could do it on butcher paper and hang it in the room above the couches easily enough. [Also keeps along the art themes of these events].

In the main room I see a compilation of ideas stolen from these images:




I think recreating those pillows would be cheap and easily done. Imagine how cool they would look hanging from a ceiling??

Of course, the dungeon will have some sets added too:


I would love to make a smaller version of this [without the critters but including the head] as a feature someplace in the dungeon. I'd love a way to make it like one of those camping tents or kids tents where you just shake it and blam you have a tent. Could be done from the same clear plastic as the pillows.



I could try to turn it into a chamber of dreams...but the walls are a deep red, so i would probably modify the color pallet...but something could be easily put together using styrofoam balls cut in half, glittered up and stuck in a half moon formation with long glittery things from the dollar store to hang above the seating to give a similar effect...maybe find some manikin parts to spray silver to hang with them to carry the theme further. Could probably find some plastic circle decorations which could be recolored to look similar to the clear circles in these images with some iridescent paints over black...

  

I would make this costume for my people on "pussy patrol". I have asked people at my past events to be on the watch for people who are breaking nudity rules and would like to offer that again. [It gets them in free all night. This costume could easily be a one size fits all deal. Black and white sheets and a little pillow foam would make this easily enough!!

Okay i think I am done brainstorming for right now....








1 comment: